When I first started cutting out wheat, dairy and sugar from my diet I soon realised that I would no longer be able to eat chocolate (well the store-bought kind anyway!)
This all changed when I came across Conscious Chocolate at Flannery’s (a health food store on the Gold Coast and in Brisbane). Knowing that I could enjoy something so decadent and feel so good about eating it was almost too good to be true! Almost!
When living with a house full of women chocolate never lasts long, let alone when it tastes as good as Conscious Chocolate. So, I started experimenting with similar ingredients and came up with my own version so I would never miss out.
It’s so simple to make and it can easily be adjusted to suit your tastebuds!
The chocolate will keep in the freezer in a sealed container for up to 3-4 days (if it lasts that long!)
Homemade chocolate in under 10 minutes
- Organic coconut oil (make sure it is at a runny consistency, if not warm in a small saucepan over a low heat until melted)
- Organic cacao powder
- Organic honey*
- Toppings of your choice (goji berries, coconut, pistachios, cacao nibs)
*See notes below
- Very simple. Just measure quantities of coconut oil, cacao powder and honey that suit your taste and desired consistency into a mixing bowl and stir.
- Spread evenly onto baking paper with a spatula, add toppings if you want to and place in the freezer until hard. It usually takes around 2 mins to freeze.
- When frozen, break into pieces and serve.
This does melt fairly quickly as it has coconut oil in it so just take out the shards that you want to eat and enjoy!
Note: I have used all organic ingredients however you can use non-organic ingredients.
Note: To make it vegan use 100% pure maple syrup.