As last week was quite busy for me I tried to keep my meals simple yet full of flavour. This was a quick and healthy salad I made up for dinner, drawing inspiration from the ingredients that were in the fridge! I love the contrast of the earthy eggplant against the sweetness of the fresh figs. I will definitely be recreating this whenever I need a tasty meal on the go!
Beef with eggplant, fig and goat cheese salad
- 1 fillet organic grass-fed beef
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1/4 eggplant, washed and diced
- 1 fig, washed and cut into slices
- 50g goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup spinach leaves, washed
- 1 TBSP pine nuts
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- In a small frypan, place 1 TBSP coconut oil and beef. Cook for 3 minutes, then flip and cook for a further 2 minutes, longer if you prefer it well done. Let it rest for a few minutes once cooked then slice.
- In another small frypan, place 1 TBSP coconut oil and eggplant. Cook for 3 minutes, then flip and cook for a further 3 minutes. Season with salt.
- In a bowl, place spinach leaves, eggplant, fig and goat cheese. Toss until well combined.
- Add pine nuts and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange salad on the plate then top with sliced beef. Enjoy!
Have you ever used figs in a salad? If yes, I’d love to know how!