In the afternoon sometimes all I feel like is a little chocolate treat to keep me going till dinner. These truffles are bite sized and contain just the right amount of cacao to satisfy my chocolate craving.
The base ingredients are macadamias, cacao and dates allowing the salt to play a subtle yet contrasting role in the truffles.
Knowing that I can eat something that’s so decadent yet healthy brings me so much happiness. But then again, who wouldn’t be happy after eating one of these?!
These truffles will keep in a sealed container in the fridge for up to four days and in the freezer for up to two weeks.
Raw salted chocolate macadamia truffle bites
- 1 cup raw macadamias
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 TBPS coconut oil
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Extra halved macadamias for decoration
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Process for 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Roll into small, bite sized balls and press down gently with a halved macadamia.
- Serve with a cup of tea. Enjoy!
What afternoon treat brings you happiness?