When asked to bring dessert to a friends place you want something that’s easy to make, delicious and more often than not, chocolate.
This dip is a great alternative to a raw cake, brownies and/or cake pops as it requires less time to make and still tastes amazing.
You’re probably looking at the above photo and thinking, “Why are there chickpeas if it’s meant to be sweet?” Well, maybe you weren’t thinking exactly that, but I’m sure you are now!
The chickpeas create the creamy texture of this dip. The cacao and dates disguise the flavour of the chickpeas with a sweet chocolate flavour. So, no need to worry!
This dip tastes amazing with fruit, spread on toast, with oats in the morning or eaten by the spoonful!
It will keep in the fridge for up to four days in a sealed container.
Makes 2 cups
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 TBSP almond butter
- 3 TBSP cacao powder
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 TBSP almond milk
- 1 punnet of fresh strawberries, washed
- 2 apples, washed and sliced
- Or fresh fruit of your choice!
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Process for 3-4 minutes, or until smooth.
- Serve with fresh strawberries and apple slices. Enjoy!
What do you like to bring for dessert?