I’m sure many of you who work full-time understand this already but after a busy day at work it’s difficult to find the motivation to cook a healthy meal.
Since starting my internship in Melbourne last week, I’ve realised the way to tackle this problem is to be organised. The more prepared I am at the start of the week, the easier it is to eat healthily during the week. As there are no excuses not to eat healthy when I have all the ingredients in the fridge!
I bought this curry paste from Coles in the Asian section. It’s a healthy yet convenient way to add instant flavour to your meal.
I understand traditional curries require hours of cooking however this is an easy recipe that requires limited cooking time and is full of flavour!
What is great about this curry is that you can use whatever vegetables you have – feel free to add some chicken if you want too!
This curry can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for two days – or great for lunch the next day!
Green chickpea vegetable curry
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 TBSP green curry paste
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 TBSP ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 bunch shallots, washed and sliced
- 1x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch pak choy, washed and sliced
- 1 cup green beans, washed and sliced
- 1x 400g can coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- In a large frypan over medium heat melt coconut oil.
- Add green curry paste, garlic, ginger and shallots and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until softened and fragrant.
- Add chickpeas and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add pak choy, green beans and coconut milk, then simmer for a further 5-7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve with cooked quinoa. Enjoy!
How do you add flavour to your meals?