In my last post I promised to share with you the delicious filling for the gluten free tartlet shells I made. These red onion and goat feta tartlets are the perfect entertaining appetiser as they are bite sized yet filling enough to serve with drinks.
Before I share the tartlet recipe, Woolworths have kindly donated two $50.00 gift cards for me to giveaway to YOU – simply enter the Woolworths gift card giveaway here and entries are open to Australian residents only till 7pm AEST Wednesday 22 January 2014!
The earthiness of the red onion and thyme complement the sharpness of the goat feta.
As the red onion becomes translucent by adding the thyme to the fry pan the herb creates a beautifully fragrant filling.
What I love most about these tartlet shells, besides being gluten free, is they can be pre-made then stored in the freezer. All you then have to do is make the filling, bake the tartlets and you have a scrumptious appetiser to serve your guests in little to no time!
By mixing the almond milk with the eggs for the filling it ensures it goes that little bit further and the tartlets don’t taste too heavy.
Make sure you fill the tartlets to the top, I did this by spooning the egg filling over the goat cheese.
These tartlets will keep in a sealed container in the fridge for two days or in the freezer for up to two weeks! Simply warm in a 180C/350F oven for 10 – 15 minutes then serve!
Red onion and goats feta tartlets
Makes approximately 40 tartlets
- 1 batch of gluten free pastry tartlet shells
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 TBSP fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup goat feta, crumbled
- 3 eggs
- 3 TBSP almond milk
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F and line baking tray with baking paper. Line tartlet shells on baking paper.
- Place red onion and coconut oil in a small fry pan over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion has softened then mix in thyme.
- Place 1 tsp of red onion mixture in each tartlet shell then top with 1 tsp of crumbled goat feta.
- Whisk eggs, almond milk, salt and pepper together.
- Spoon approximately 1 – 2 TBSP of egg mixture into each tartlet until the goat feta is covered.
- Place in oven for 10 – 15 minutes or until cooked. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Don’t forget to enter the Woolworths gift card giveaway here!